Integrating Vivado with continuous integration (CI) software can streamline the FPGA development process, making it more efficient and less prone to errors. CI software allows developers to automatically build, test, and deploy their FPGA designs, ensuring that they are always up-to-date and working correctly. It also allows multiple developers to collaborate on the same project, and it can be used to manage the deployment of the FPGA design to multiple devices. In this tutorial series, you will learn how to use Vivado with FPGAs and integrate it with CI software to automate the FPGA development process, making it more efficient and less error-prone.
What’s in the tutorial series
- Setting up the CI Environment: In this tutorial, you will learn how to set up and configure your continuous integration software to work with Vivado. This will include setting up a repository for your FPGA projects and configuring the build environment.
- Designing the FPGA: In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the Vivado design tools to create a basic digital circuit and how to simulate its behavior. You will also learn how to configure your design to be built and tested automatically by the CI software.
- Implementing and Testing the FPGA: In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the Vivado implementation tools to take your design and turn it into a bitstream that can be loaded onto an FPGA. You will also learn how to set up automated testing of the FPGA design using the CI software.
- Deployment and Maintenance: In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the Vivado programming tools to load the bitstream onto an FPGA and communicate with it using a desktop. You will also learn how to use the CI software to manage the deployment of the FPGA design to multiple devices, and how to maintain and update the design over time.
Overview of the CI software that will be used in the tutorial
BeetleboxCI provides a variety of features that can help you streamline your FPGA development process, such as:
- Automatic building of FPGA designs: BeetleboxCI can automatically build your FPGA designs whenever changes are pushed to the repository, ensuring that they are always up-to-date.
- Testing: BeetleboxCI allows you to set up automated testing of your FPGA designs, making it easy to catch and fix errors early in the development process.
- Deployment: BeetleboxCI can help you manage the deployment of your FPGA designs to multiple devices, making it easy to ensure that your designs are working correctly on all your target devices.
- Collaboration: BeetleboxCI allows multiple developers to collaborate on the same project, making it easy for teams to work together on large and complex FPGA designs. In this tutorial series, you will be using BeetleboxCI to automate the FPGA development process, making it more efficient and less error-prone. You will set up the CI environment, configure the build environment, create build jobs, and test and deploy your FPGA designs using BeetleboxCI.